Metropolitan is your one stop shop for all your ordering needs. With more than 40,000 items to choose from, we are sure to satisfy your needs.
- Office Products1
- School Health1
- Athletic Apparel & Equip.1
- The Company It all started in 2003, when Rayvon Anthony Hicks started the company from his den in a 2 bedroom apartment located in Laurel, Maryland. During this time, Metropolitan Office Products only provided toner, copiers, faxes and printers. Business took off rather quickly and almost one year later he moved into a home where he began to expand the business by providing Office Products and Office Furniture. By 2005, Metropolitan had now become a ONE STOP SHOP for all your office needs. In 2006, his wife Sharee Hicks, who worked for the National Institute of Health, resigned from the government to assist with building the company. Friends and family were also hired to assist in maintaining the growth of the company while preserving the quality level of service that customers had become accustom to. Since then, Metropolitan Office Products has steadily grown to become one of the most utilized Small Minority Businesses within the District of Columbia.
- Our Mission To create a stress free and convenient shopping experience-one customer, one order and one office at a time.
- Our Vision To build a business and institution that will inspire and supply the next generation of leaders with opportunities to build a positive legacy and become all they were created to be. To help encourage and equip community leaders in their efforts to better their neighborhoods.
- Our Values INTEGRITY: By adhering to moral and ethical principles, we earn our customers trust by being honest and truthful at all times
HARD WORK: Our attitude towards work is diligent, obedient, consistent and reliable
PASSION: With partnerships and volunteer efforts, we will help resolve issues affecting our youth and education system
ACCOUNTABILITY: It is our responsibility to make sure that our customers are completely satisfied with every purchase, every product, and every service we provide
OPTIMISM: Pitfalls and discrepancies are merely opportunities for us to always “WOW” on recovery
QUALITY: We make a personal commitment to intentionally provide supreme service when it comes to our customers and employees needs
COLLABORATION: Through employee volunteer groups, speaking engagements, leadership development, and mentoring opportunities, our aim is to equip our staff with the tools and knowledge to make a positive influence on our customers and in our communities
DIVERSITY: Developing a workforce that embraces diversity in all forms- race, gender, ideas, and experience
EXCEPTIONAL: Being great is not an end point, but rather a starting point. By setting goals far beyond our reach, we continuously stretch ourselves to get further than expected
INNOVATION: Our striving effort to stay ahead in our industry with distinctive intelligence and creative methods remains the driving force behind our goals to achieve our vision
- Our Winning Culture Our winning culture is defined by each individual’s commitment and pursuit of our company values, which is the core foundation that fuels us to make our mission and vision a reality.
- Our Certifications Certifications: CCR- 4EV22, LSDBE- LSZ8645052011, MDOT- 06-219, DCSS- CW22136 / CW22653, eSchool Mall- BCPS20111025a, BPA – HHSN263999900888B, DUNS- 624-45-1949
- Office Products Metropolitan has a solid reputation for providing top office product brands such as Avery, Smead, 3M, GBC and hundreds more. Whether you’re searching for post it notes, binders, markers, file folders or desk accessories, you can rest assured you’ve come to the right company as our customers turn to us for their everyday office desires. Along with the top office brands, we offer various lines of business supplies by the Universal brand which provides a quality and cost saving alternative for your shopping needs. So no matter what your office supply needs are, Metropolitan Office Products is your answer Shop Office Products Now
- Janitorial With over 11 years of experience with businesses that cater to schools, facility maintenance and anything in between you can be confident that we will exceed your expectations by delivering a quality product with top of the line service. We offer a full line of cleaning & break room supplies that make us a one stop shop for brands such as Rubbermaid, Georgia Pacific, GoJo and many more. When it comes to the satisfaction of quality products and comfort of budgets, Metropolitan delivers dependable solutions to all of your cleaning, break room, janitorial or building maintenance supplies. Shop Janitorial Products Now
- Breakroom Keeping your employee break room fully stocked is a breeze with Metropolitan! With an array of products from coffee, plastic forks & plates to snacks and equipment, you’ll always find what you need in one place for the right price! Our food service essentials allow you to keep your employees productive and your clients happy. Fewer trips off site lead to higher workplace productivity and Metropolitan is proud to play a part with making your life simple and easy when it comes to taking care of your break room needs. Shop Breakroom Products Now
- Furniture We offer everything you need for your ideal office space. Metropolitan Office Products provides wide array of styles and selections from top furniture brands included but not limited to HON, Mayline, and Basyx. Our Alera brand even delivers complete satisfaction at affordable pricing to our most creative and distinctive customers taste. Let us make a great impression on you with our wide range of items from motivational pictures and plants to executive suites and conference rooms, not to mention our team of highly specialized associates that can make it all come together. Shop Furniture Products Now
- Medical Metropolitan is proud to announce that we now offer and provide medical supplies and equipment! With a variety of products ranging from those tailored to student health and sports medicine, we have plenty of options that will target any of your immediate healthcare needs. With an understanding of the diverse yet specific product needs of our customers, Metropolitan has a dedicated team of representatives ready to assist with any simple to complex request that will help you achieve greater patient satisfaction and enhanced productivity.Shop School Health
- Technology In today’s fast past and advancing technology industry, it’s great to rely on a company who can provide leading edge products and accessories to keep you one step ahead. Metropolitan represents the top brands in technology including HP, Dell, Brother, Apple, Canon and many more. With our complete line of products, we have everything for all your office and personal computer needs. And through various brands of compatible ink and toner cartridges, we also provide cost savings options without sacrificing quality. Shop Technology Products Now
- Copiers At Metropolitan we understand that every customer has multiple needs. That is why we customize a solution for each client. Our needs analysis gives us an opportunity to gather information and prepare a detailed plan that will create a more productive office environment. We provide an array of copiers and multi-function printers from many of the top brand manufacturers such as Xerox, Toshiba, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Copystar, Kyocera Mita, Brother, etc. We also offer maintenance agreements for our clients. This means, with our quality commitment guarantee, you’ll never need to worry about the quality, performance and operation of your copier or printer acquired from MOP.Complete copier needs form
- Athletic Apparel and Equipment Metropolitan specializes in apparel and team uniforms, sporting goods and equipment. With a focus on every sport, offering knee pads to scoreboards, we are truly your athletic one stop shop. While providing major brands you know and love, we are supported with a dedicated staff of experts who are ready to answer your uniform, equipment, and apparel questions.Contact Sales Rep for more info
- Custom When we say “More than just Office Products” we truly mean it. From signature stamps, business cards and customized computers to promotional items, banners and custom floor mats, Metropolitan is your number one resource in finding solutions for whatever you’re looking for. We take pride in being the first and last place you look for any of your special project needs. You won’t find another company that is more committed, willing to go above and beyond or cares as much as we do about your custom and special ordering needs.Contact Sales Rep for more info
- Request An Account With an online account you have 24/7 access to the convenience of placing orders, purchase history, discounted pricing, special offers and much more. You’ll have access to our site from any computer, smart pad, or mobile device right at the touch of your finger tips. Sign up for an account today and experience the simplicity of all the features our user-friendly site offers.
- Feedback At Metropolitan Office Products we constantly aim to improve in every area and department and highly encourage your constructive criticism on anything you feel will strengthen our relationship with you. Please take a moment to share your comments on our service and your experience with Metropolitan on our Contact Us page.
- Employment Opportunities Are you looking for a new and challenging career? Metropolitan Office Products places importance on treating people with respect and dignity, while simultaneously stressing the need for integrity through all business transactions. We focus on providing quality in all aspects of everything we do and are always looking to improve our business. We thank you for your interest and consideration of joining our staff! Metropolitan Office Products offers various employment opportunities for you. The best way to apply for a job is through our website. This is the simplest and fastest way to complete an application and submit your resume to our recruiting department. After applying online, you should receive a confirmation email that acknowledges us receiving your application. If your qualifications are a match for any of our open positions, you will be contacted by a recruiter with instructions on how to proceed. Metropolitan Office Products is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to apply for employment with us
- Return Policy RETURN GOODS POLICY
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2012
All returns must be accompanied by Return Authorization # (RA#). All return authorization requests should be made with Customer Service. All returns must be in original carton or tote and labeled with your assigned RA #. THE RA# MUST NOT BE WRITTEN DIRECTLY ON THE MANUFACTURE’S BOXES. IF RA# IS WRITTEN DIRECTLY ON THE MANUFACTURER’S BOX, THE RETURN BECOMES NULL & VOID AS IT DOES NOT ALLOW US TO RETURN THE PRODUCT TO THE WAREHOUSE FOR RESALE.
All returns need to be requested within 30 days of order date and returned within 15 days of RA# issue date. In some cases a re-stocking fee may be applicable. In cases where an item needs to be returned from a customer error, a re-stoking fee will apply. This fee will be 20% of the merchandise being returned.
Metropolitan will happily issue credit for returned merchandise provided the product is in resalable condition. Resalable is assumed by us to mean an item would deliver with confidence to another customer. Once the item has been received by MOP and stocked back in our warehouse, customers may make purchases against the credit or having the amount of the return if applicable refunded. In the event a new order is placed which exceeds the amount of the credit, the difference will be charged and invoiced to the customer.
Guidelines for resalable merchandise is as follows:
- Item must not be assembled
- Item must be clean and free of dents, scratches, holes, tears, cracks, stickers, labels, price tags, etc.
- The item must be unused
- All parts, hardware, instructions, warranty cards, power cards, etc. must be included
- The item must be in its original packaging. This includes the box or carton in which it came in, wrap, protection, or sleeve supplied by the manufacturer.
- RA # must not be written on the manufacturer box as this will make it non-returnable and not resalable.
- Ready to assemble furniture is not returnable if the carton has been damaged and the merchandise has been assembled.
All damaged merchandise needs to be reported as soon as detected. An exact description of the damage should be included on the RA request. The merchandise should be referenced by a specific order or invoice number. Defective items must be reported within 30 days.
Special orders of non-stock merchandise, food, pharmaceuticals, dated goods, furniture set up orders, custom stamps and some technology items are not returnable unless it was determined that the wrong product was shipped.
If you receive merchandise that you did not order or that otherwise does not belong to you, please notify Customer Service.
- In Your Community As part of our vision to inspire all who come in contact with Metropolitan Office Products, many of our employees assist with programs that help to enrich our local communities. Some have partnered with neighborhood schools and local recreational centers to distribute core essentials, hold inspirational speaking engagements and participate in such events as award shows, 5k runs and student enrollment initiatives. If it’s going on in the community, MOP would like to contribute. Contact management or e-mail us if we can be of any assistance in your community.
- Giving Back Over the past few years, Metropolitan Office Products has given to various charitable organizations and have provided office products to various schools throughout the city. Take a look above to see the impact of our giving, how we give, and how giving has always been a part of our company culture. Metropolitan focuses its giving in three key areas:
Youth & Education Programs - From providing scholarship opportunities to supporting youth programs throughout the city, the Metropolitan Foundation is committed to education and youth development.
Community Involvement - Serving our local neighbors with food donations, supporting those in need and taking care of the people who take care of our communities, our staff is committed to serving beyond our front doors.
Leadership & Mentorship Programs - The Wealth 101 Club, created in 1998, grew from Metropolitan Office Products founder Rayvon A. Hicks desire to assist in creating thousands of students in becoming financially independent. Today, the foundation provides several programs focused on creating strong youth through leadership, mentorship and educational programs.
- Our Giving Tradition For the past 11 years, we have built a foundational commitment to service – service to our customers, service to our employees and service to our communities. This begins in the office – one customer at a time. We firmly believe in treating every customer the way we would want to be treated. We teach it to everyone who comes to work at Metropolitan Office Products, and it’s something that they take with them throughout their careers – whether they choose to stay with Metropolitan or go on to other promising careers. But to us, service goes beyond our corporate office. We serve our communities through volunteerism and giving. We also make a commitment to take care of the people who take care of our communities. For example, when we give office products, gift cards, and book bags to schools in their time of need, we honor the commitment they make to serve all of us. And our charitable giving reinforces that commitment to service by helping children and families in need. This is what makes us who we are.
- Executive Committee Rayvon A. Hicks, Vice President and Founder
Sharee Hicks, President
Brian McCray Sr. Regional Sales Manager
- Headquarters Metropolitan Office Products
910 Barnaby Street S.E.
Washington, DC 20032
- More than just
- Office Products
We are pleased to announce a new partnership between Lakeshore Learning & Metropolitan Office Products, LLC. This new partnership will allow you to continue to take advantage of Lakeshore Learning...
In your community
Come spend some time in the community with Metropolitan! Check with us to see what community involvement MOP has been up to lately…
Check out our latest specials and take advantage of various savings and rewards you can receive by shopping with MOP
Customer Contact Center
Our new Customer Contact Center has been designed for your convenience. Here, you can create accounts, provide feedback, and complete forms for your unique ordering needs
- So why
"We're not just another office products company."
Metropolitan is your one stop shop for all of your ordering needs. With more than 40,000 items to choose from, we are sure to satisfy your needs.
- Expect more...
- Get nothing less!